2nd December – Results/Scorers Round-Up

Lincolnshire County Football Association – County Sunday Cup: Round Three

It was a mixed bag of fortunes for our teams today with six of them safely negotiating their way through to the next round  but sadly seven perished and exited the Competition.

Highest scorers in this round were Rustons United who took their game by the scruff of the neck after the half time break at home to FC Wyberton. The first half ended at 1-1 with Carter netting for the home side but 7 second half goals gave Rustons a handsome win. Their second half marksmen were Raby, who notched 4, Skepper with 2, plus a goal from Mackinder to complete an impressive win.

Andy Anderson scored a brace for Hykeham Town TRFC when they visited Seven Seas FC, returning home with a 5-1 win to their credit. Their other goals came from Driver, Slater, and Mehta.

Welton Sports AFC dented Railway Inn United’s aspirations of going further in the competition when they recorded a 3-1 win at Ryland Road. All the goals were scored in the first half with Kyle Paul netting the goal for the visitors.

St Helens and Ruston Sports FC shared 5 goals between them at Ruston Marconi but it was St Helens who edged it thanks to goals from Exton, Rawlings, and Whitehouse, seeing them through with a 3-2 win.

Old Boys United were on the wrong end of the same score line when they went down 2-3 at home to FC Jubilee from Spalding, despite goals from Nelson and Gardiner.

New Swan faced a potential banana skin when they visited Nettleham FC but goals from Potter, Scofield, and Dawson-Meadows saw the Premier Division side safely through to the next round.

Anglers FC were taken the full distance from their journey to FC Genes before Ward settled the tie during extra time with a goal in the 97th minute.

A solitary goal from Dady was not enough for Fox & Hounds as they went down 1-2 at home to Nobody Inn FC and North Lindum Hawks went down by a single goal, 2-3 at  Bottesford Town.

Premier Division

Metheringham FC are certainly moving in the right direction now after a difficult start to the Season and this was evidenced today with their 5-2 win at home to Hykeham Memorial FC. Greenfield bagged a hat-trick and Atkinson and Lynch (penalty) gave the home side a comfortable day. A Newman penalty and a goal from Bowkett saw the sides moving in opposite directions in the Premier Division table, Metheringham hauled themselves up a couple of places from the bottom spot whilst Hykeham moved in the opposite direction and now occupy bottom place.

Division One

There was just one League game played in this Division today and what a game it turned out to be. Forbes (2), Wilson, and Frecklington all scored for FVA Jerusalem when they played host to Newton United but replies from Cottingham (2), Leedle, and Shaw for Newton ensured a share of the points in a see-saw type of game.

Division Two

With leaders AFC Rustons without a League fixture, second placed Waddington United had a chance to regain top spot when they entertained Plough Sturton at Mere Road. Despite a goal from Corey, his first in senior football for Waddington, it was Plough who took the points after goals from Everington and an own goal saw them to victory. The own goal would have made any blooper show if the game had been captured on camera I am told! Plough Sturton moved up to 5th place as a result of this win and now sit just 3 points behind the League leaders in what is proving to be a tight division, but have played one game more.

Coningsby FC recorded a resounding 5-0 victory from their trip to Saxilby Athletic, goals from Morgan and Brown in the first half set them on their way and second half goals from Mcallister, Nixon, and Stapleton, plus a clean sheet as well, completed an excellent day for the visitors.

Two goals from Barrett for Witham St Hughs gave the new boys in this Division a 2-0 victory at home to Cherry Willingham and also saw the two sides exchange League positions as a consequence.

Division Three

Morning Star had to work hard to overcome the challenge of Queen Athletic when the two sides met at Bishop Grosseteste College. A penalty from Drury in the first half plus a goal from Crampton set the Star on their way as they lead the game 2-0 at the break. A second goal for Crampton in the second period saw them take the maximum points despite Queen replying with goals from Parkinson and Robinson. This proved to be a good day for Morning Star as they extended their lead at the top of the table to 5 points as their nearest rivals, The Sports Bar, were held to a 3-3 draw when they visited mid-table Lincoln RNA.  Greetham, Wiggins and Robertson were the men responsible for ensuring that Lincoln RNA took a point from an entertaining game at Skellingthorpe Road.

A brace a piece for Jackson and Cooper for Ruskington Lions saw them to a 4-2 victory from their trip to Broadley, with an own goal and a goal from Bromfield proving to be too little too late for the home side.

Division Four

Leaders Bottle & Glass extended their lead to 3 points after a 3-0 home win against M.H.Blue Lion.

Swanpool FC hit 13 in a 13-1 victory at home to The Shed FC. Stokes (4), Humberston (3), Karl Horry,(2) Adam Heath (2), Lee Horry, and an own goal completed a difficult day for the visitors with Dowsett notching a consolation for them.

HBW United ran out 7-4 winners at home to FVA Jerusalem Reserves thanks to goals from Barber (2), Good (2), Poucher, Williamson, and Brain.

The Ferryboat Inn won 3-0 at Green Dragon with a couple of goals from Lig and a single goal from Burrell doing the damage at Sudbrooke Drive.

Ian Stephenson