25th November – Results/Scorers round-up

Jock Mitchell Memorial Trophy – Round Two

Swanpool FC were the days highest scorers with a resounding 10-0 win away at Broadley FC. The hosts could only put out a bare 11 players  but 2 visiting player hat-tricks from Bentley and Humberston plus a brace from Heath, as well as individual goals from Stokes and Horry, took the Swans to double figures.

Bottle & Glass FC scored 5 goals with a 5-3 home win against Lincoln RNA. Wright and Stocks scored 2 goals apiece with their other goal coming from Chapman. Murphy, Wiggins, and Caton replied for RNA.

Another side recording a 5 goal haul were Queen Athletic after their 5-1 win at home to AFC West End. Marklew (2), Parkinson, Curtis, and Fryer got their goals whilst Hornsby got the consolation goal for West End.

There was a cracker of a game at Bishop Grosseteste college between Morning Star and Crown & Arrows where Morning Star ran out 4-3 winners after extra time. Waplington and Hewson gave Crown a 2 goal advantage which held until mid-way through the second half. A penalty from Drury and a late goal from Crampton levelled things up and sent the tie into extra time. Robinson then put the Star in front again only for Grainger to equalise for the visitors. As the game looked to be heading for the dreaded penalties Walukiewicz got the winner in the 115th minute to send the Star through to the last 8 in the competition.

2 goals from Lilley and efforts from Green and Anstell saw Railway Inn United through against Ruskington Lions by 4-1. Maddison’s header for the visitors proving only to be a consolation on the day.

Ruston Sports FC recorded a 3-1 success at FVA Jerusalem Reserves thanks to a couple of goals from Tyler-Jack plus a goal from Mann with Botham scoring for the Skellingthorpe based side.

Stacey West FC entertained Green Dragon and a brace from Miller, combined with a goal from Edwards did the damage in a game that finished up 3-2 to the home side, goals from O’Flynn and Stephenson not being enough for the Dragon on this occasion.

The game between Horncastle Town and The Ferryboat was a close affair and it was decided by a Close, Harry Close in fact, as his goal saw Horncastle record a slender 1-0 victory.

The draw for the next round of the competition will be made at the next League Management Committee meeting which will be held on Monday 3rd December 2018.

Lincolnshire County Football Association – County Sunday Cup Round 3

There was just one game played in this competition today as this round is listed to be played next week however Wishing Well Cherry FC will be regretting that decision as they traveled to Gainsborough to play a very good Friendship side, returning on the wrong end of a 0-10 score line.


Premier Division

Anglers FC and Metheringham FC shared 7 goals in an entertaining match at Saxilby. Ward (2), Bridge, and Coo netted for Anglers with 2 goals from Garrick and an effort from Lynch for the visitors taking this game all the way to the wire.

Lincoln Moorlands/Railway were looking to close the gap on the leaders when they entertained Rustons United but goals from Wyld, Raby, and Swinburn put paid to that plan. Moorlands remain in second position whilst Rustons move up to fourth place, just behind Anglers, who themselves have moved up to third spot in the table.

Hykeham Memorial FC will feel a whole lot better following their first win and points of the Season as goals from Newman (Pen) and Thacker (header) saw them record a 2-1 win at home to New Swan. Swan’s goal came from Halton.

It is always disappointing when any team is unable to raise a side at any level within the League but that happened today when AFC Golden Eagle failed to get enough players to play League leaders Hykeham Town TRFC. The game was therefore postponed with the points awarded to Hykeham Town TRFC in accordance with rule. With Lincoln Moorland/Railway’s defeat and the gaining of points following their postponements, Hykeham Town TRFC extended their lead at the top of the table to 5 points.

Division One

Welton FC were the division’s highest scorers of the day when 2 goals each for Parkinson and Morris, aided by goals from Atkinson, Caines, and Ward saw them to a comfortable 7-3 win away at North Lindum Hawks.

Congratulations must go to Bassingham Bugle Horn FC after they recorded their first League win of the Season following their visit to St Helens FC. First half goals from Osbourne and Mcdonald did the trick and the win was enough to lift the Bassingham side off the foot of the table.

Wragby FC dropped to the foot of the table after their 2-4 home defeat by Fox & Hounds. 2 goals from Scott Lowman were not enough for the home side as  a brace from Ardon and goals from Corby plus an own goal saw the visitors take the points.

The final game between Lincoln High Street and FVA Jerusalem finished all square with Fathulla getting the High Street goal and Stanney scoring for FVA in a game that finished 1-1.

Division Two

AFC Rustons maintained their 100% League record with a 3-1 home success against Saxilby Sports despite trailing 0-1 at the interval. Second half goals from Reid (2) and Mills propelled the Rustons team into top spot after previous leaders, Nettleham FC, went down 3-4 at home to Cherry Willingham. A hat-trick from Foster-Mathieson and a goal from Jenkinson did all the damage despite home efforts coming from Shearwood, Akpoveta, and Parker.

Waddington United moved up into second place in the table after their 2-1 win away at Hykeham Social FC. Cox netted an early goal for the visitors which was cancelled out by Goldacre. Will Brothwell’s first League goal then decided the tie in favour of the Waddington team.

A fairly even first half between Coningsby FC and Plough Sturton saw the game poised at half time with the score at 1-1 however Plough got the better of the second half running out winners 4-2. Patching notched 2 goals, and Spring and an own goal completed the scoring for the visitors. Brown and Todd were the goal scorers for Coningsby.

Divisions Three and Four

There were no games played in these divisions today due to the games played in the Jock Mitchell Memorial Trophy.

Ian Stephenson