17th April – Results and Scorers Round-Up

Kelly Read Cup Semi Finals

Welton Sports AFC  1-4  Anglers FC

This Semi Final saw a repeat of last Season’s actual final in an all Premier Division clash at Welton. Anglers FC, the current holders of the trophy, raced into a 3 goal first half lead and that remained the score at half time. Goals from Mann, McDonald, Bridge,and Boulton saw the holders through to the final again with Welton’s goal being scored by Dembrey.

FVA Jerusalem  3-0  Wishing Well Cherry FC

2 goals from Stanney and a goal from Forbes for the home side booked their place in the final from the all Division One clash at Skellingthorpe. Jerusalem have a good tradition in this Competition and will look forward to the final against their near neighbours, despite the Divisional difference between the two sides.

Premier Division

Rustons United  3-2  New Swan FC

Drabble and Mackinder put the Ruston’s outfit in the ascendancy in the first half which saw them with a 2 goal advantage at the break. A further goal from Wyld in the second periodak plus New Swan goals from Schofield and Burns saw the contest through to a close finish.

Division One

Fox & Hounds  1-3  Bassingham Bugle Horn

Goals from Walker, Seaton, and Dale for the visitors maintained their superb form since Christmas and now sees them sitting in a mid-table position after a disastrous first half to the Season by their standards which saw them rooted to the bottom of the table at the end of 2018. Dales scored the goal for the Fox.

St Helens FC  3-4  Lincoln High Street

St Helens became the first team in any Division to finish their League fixtures with a cracker of a game at home to Lincoln High Street. Unfortunately for them a brace from Reburn and a goal from Papworth could not save them from going down to a defeat as they found Jenk Acar in blistering form for their opponents as he hit all 4 goals to see his side over the line.

Wragby FC  5-4  North Lindum Hawks

Scott Lowman and Smith each scored a double and a goal by Boyd saw Wragby edge a 9 goal thriller when they entertained North Lindum Hawks. Despite remaining bottom of the table the home side’s results have picked up of late as they look to finish the Season on the up.

Division Two

Plough Sturton  2-3  AFC Rustons

2 goals from Miller and a goal from Patten earned leaders AFC Rustons an impressive win out at Sturton, despite being down to 10 men after just 20 minutes. Patching and Everington replied for the home side but they couldn’t manage a further goal which would have seen them take a share of the points. The victory enabled Rustons to extend their lead to 5 points at the top of the table after second placed Nettleham lost, for the second successful week, to the same opposition out at Waddington.

Waddington United  3-1  Nettleham FC

Waddington United came from behind against the title challengers to keep themselves in with a slender chance of winning the league after goals from Pell, Heath, and a penalty by Mellady earned them the points against Nettleham. This victory saw them record a League double against the visitors all within the space of 7 days, this after Shearwood had given the visitors the lead. From what I am told this was a good old fashioned game, fiercely but fairly contested by both sides and well officiated by referee Mr Barraclough. I understand that some of the tackles could be heard several miles away!

Cherry Willingham FC  8-1  Witham St Hughs

Cherry Willingham found their scoring boots at last after a difficult Season when they entertained the side sitting just below them, and in bottom position, of the League table. Foster-Mathieson was in sizzling form as he hit 5 goals, and further goals from Brown, Shucksmith, and Robinson put a smile on the face of the boys from Cherry. Rowe scored the consolation goal for the Witham side from the penalty spot in the first half of the game.

Division Three

Morning Star  3-0  Stacey West FC

The home side extended their lead at the top of the division after Goodge and Crampton put them into a 2 goal half-time lead. A further goal from Drury from the penalty spot after the break completed the scoring.

Ruskington Lions  2-1  Broadley FC

The Lions from Ruskington recorded a narrow victory courtesy of a second half brace from Cooper, this after Rogers put the visitors ahead on the stroke of half time. This result sees the Lions hold onto second place as the Season races towards its conclusion.

The Sports Bar  1-0  Ruston Sports FC

A solitary goal for the home side inflicted a wound on the only other side in this division who can overhaul the current League leaders.

Lincoln RNA  3-5  Shakespeare Imps

The visitors took the points from this game with a good performance down at Skellingthorpe Road. Two goals from Russell and a goal from Wingell were not enough for the home side as they were undone by 4 goals from Newby and an effort from Tomas.

Division Four

Railway Inn United  3-1  HBW United

Lilley, Allan, and Markham were all on target for the Railway boys as they saw off the challenge of the team that has enjoyed great success in the various cup competitions this Season. Williamson netted a second half consolation for the Branston based team.

The Shed  0-17  Swanpool FC

Swanpool sharpened up their goal difference with this win against the hapless Shed with 5 goals  each  from Stokes and Liam Bentley, a hat-trick from Craig Bentley, and solo efforts from Smith, Barnes,Davis, and a wonder goal from Wilkinson. This result  sees them remain in second place but fast running out of games to overhaul the current leaders.

Metheringham Reserves  1-3  Bottle & Glass FC

Two goals from Gray and yet another goal from Stocks saw the visitors take all 3 points from the game to maintain their excellent Season where they currently sit in third spot.

The Ferryboat FC  3-0  AFC West End

Flintham, Burrell, and Kogut were the men responsible for securing the points for the home side, aided and abetted by being able to keep a clean sheet at the other end of the pitch.

M.H.Blue Lion  6-1  FVA Jerusalem Reserves

Wilkinson put the Blue Lion ahead with a great strike early on in this game. Further first half goals from Hirons, Titchmarsh, a second goal from Wilkinson, and a goal from Wood, put them firmly in control at the break. A second half goal from Wilkinson, now playing against the strong wind, completed his teams scoring whilst completing his hat-trick.

Green Dragon  1-4  Crown & Arrows

2 goals from Waplington and goals from Nelson and Hunt secured the points for the visitors to keep them  firmly in the hunt for a top 3 finish. Ivanov was the man on target for the hosts.

Ian Stephenson