With the current weather situation making most, if not all, of our pitches unplayable due to being frozen, and taking into account the forecast of further adverse temperatures overnight, an Emergency Committee of the League have decided that all of our scheduled LEAGUE matches will be postponed tomorrow.
These games will be scheduled in due course and will be played as soon as opportunities present.
I believe that most of you will welcome this decision because common sense dictates that there is likely to be little chance of any of our games being able to be played tomorrow.
There is always a small chance that the forecast could wrong and that a miracle could occur whereby most pitches are playable tomorrow, but taking into account that such a chance is tiny, and appreciating that everyone needs to travel, the League takes the responsibility in not subjecting everyone to such risk with little, or no chance, of a game at the end of it.
PLEASE NOTE! THIS BLANKET POSTPONEMENT RELATES ONLY TO LINCOLN SUNDAY LEAGUE LEAGUE MATCHES.
The League has no jurisdiction over the Lincolnshire County Football Association County Sunday Cup matches scheduled for tomorrow.
The County Cup is the responsibility of the County FA and the Clubs/Match Officials to decide upon as normal.
Ian R Stephenson